Cooling after fermentation over for clearer beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvend

Reaction score
Hi, my ale has been 2 weeks fermentating at 17C (recomended temperatures of wyeast), now I want to rack into the keg. For clearer beer, can I drop down temperatures to maybe 5C to form hazes and then have a clearer beer? Is it ok? For how much time? Ive heard people "lager" any kind of beer to have a clearer beer at the end, please advise, thanks

Hi, my ale has been 2 weeks fermentating at 17C (recomended temperatures of wyeast), now I want to rack into the keg. For clearer beer, can I drop down temperatures to maybe 5C to form hazes and then have a clearer beer? Is it ok? For how much time? Ive heard people "lager" any kind of beer to have a clearer beer at the end, please advise, thanks

The term is "cold crashing". Look it up on this forum, it's all over the place. It's a pretty well known process to clear up beer.

Back