Cool, found some old supplies...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollytim

Reaction score
I was at the old homestead today, and going through the basement and shed.

I was a brewer some 15 to 20 years ago, extract only, but lost my way for awhile. After living for a time recently in Germany, I re-aquired my taste for good beer.

Needless to say, I was bitten by the beer bug again. I no longer have my old equipment, so I wen't with a Mr. Beer fermenter and mostly my own recipes.

So in the basement I found some of the old Grolsch bottles I used to use, and two one-gallon jugs. One jug is clear and was an apple juice jug. Threw away the rusty cap, but the jug itself is in good shape.

I also found a one-gallon jug made of brown glass. Instantly I had visions of doing mini two stage brews.... then while getting ready to clean up the jug I opened the top.... pesticide. There was none left, but the odor was unmistakeable. Nope, I don't want to risk that. So the brown one goes to the shed.

I then found my old bottle capper. A cheap Brev Italy model, that if I remember correctly, didn't work all that well.

A small treasure by most standards, but will add to my collection of equipment.

Back