Cool conditions........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiles3333

Reaction score
Hi all- I've got a temp. issue when it comes to bottling- my basement stays around 55 degrees, so I usually bring my batch up into the house for a week or two. This is becoming hard to do now as I'm starting to get more batches bottled because my house is too small to have cases of beer stacked everywhere! Anyone know any gadgets, tricks, or suggestions about some way to keep the bottles warmer in a cool basement?
Thanks
Ben

I saw a video on youtube where the guy put a string of christmas lights in with his (brown) bottles in a plastic tub with lid to keep them warm. I think this could work but you'd want to monitor temperature for the first day or so to make sure it doesn't get too hot

Not sure how it works, but I saw something called (im guessing at the name here) The Brewbelt or something along those lines. It was a belt that you put around your carboy and plug in.

In bottles?
I'd say, get a heater. You can pick them up cheap(er) this time of year and alot of times they have a programmable thermostat. We have one at work that does pretty good. I think we paid $30-40 for it.

Back