Converting Fridge For Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krausenkellar

Reaction score
I am building a home bar and want to use a full sized fridge (in a separate storage area) as the cooler for my cornys. Here is what I'm thinking...looking for support or criticism/feedback.

Planning for 3 kegs, so I would have 3 - 3/16" lines coming out of the fridge. Those three lines fit perfectly in a another 2" tube. My plan is to drill a 2" hole in upper side of fridge, insert 2" tubing (about 4-6" length) and run the 3 lines through the bigger tubing. Then fill the gaps with a little Great Stuff for insulation.

Thoughts?

You may run into issues with excessive foaming. I'd go with a larger 3" or 4" pipe and hook up a computer fan to push cool air from the fridge into the pipe run to keep your lines chilled.

sorry typo - the 3 beer lines fit in a 1" ID tube. For the long beer run, either in same fridge or a separate mini fridge, hold a bucket of cold water with a sump pump. Then run a 3/8" line alongside the 3 beer lines in the insulated pipe to the tower. For the pump and fridge, I can do this for about $150 (minus tubing). Any foreseeable issues?

Latest posts

Back