Converting Coleman Xtreme cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFishGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Well after an excrutiating break from homebrewing (about a year), I want to make some brew today since the weather sucks and is keeping me from fishing. Problem is i never quite finished my MLT. I had assembled all the parts, but noticed that the parts that seal at the spigot dont fit. Since this cooler has a thicker insulation jacket the conversion i had looked up was too short. I tried to just use a longer nipple but then it was too long to seal off properly. Anyways long story short, I mickey-moused something so i could test it out, and it got me threw that last brew but it did leak a little. So instead of toiling away, wasting time and money on parts I figured I would ask all of you smart people what you use. I tried to search the forum but only found info on the round igloo coolers or standard rectangle coolers. I want to say mine is the 120 qt size. maybe 96qt.....

thanks,
-Sam

I tried that when the problem first came up. I dont remember why that didnt work... while looking through some more online pics i may have found an option. But please continue to leave responses.
thanks,
Sam

Back