Converting blichmann burners to natural gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinibrew04

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been answered already. I haven't found exactly what I was looking for anywhere on the web yet. I have three blichmann floor burners that sit on my steel frame brew stand. Last month I had a natural gas shutoff installed in the garage for brewing. I plan to use NG hose/QD's from www.tejassmokers.com. I will plumb the stand with 1/2" black iron pipe. What I am looking for is a way to go from the 1/2" black iron tee to the 3/8" male flare that's on the blichmann needle valve in their NG conversion kit. Thanks for any suggestions!

I used 3/8" copper coil, flared w/ female fittings on either end. The pipe side is a 1/2" MNPT to 3/8" male flare into a 1/2 brass ball valve. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408900081.549093.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1408900109.018562.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks logdrum. I'll have to look into the copper. Any ideas on fittings for the flexible gas hose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back