Converting a fermenting vessel to a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy 2 bottling buckets/fermenting bins and 2 fermenting vessels.

here is a picture...http://www.arkwrightshomebrew.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_28/products_id/33

If i was going to be thinking.... of.....perhaps.... fitting a pressure keg lid(they are the same 4" lid size ;) ) and fit a tap through the pre-moulded form at the bottom of the picture in the link(and use a top pouring float system)...would it be likely to work?????????????:D

I have that exact fermenter although I certainly wouldnt have paid £10.49 for it. They are suitable for fermenting but wouldnt be able to handle the pressure of a hamster £arting let alone the pressures generated by beer conditioning.

You can look it up in the Character Map utility if it's not on your keyboard:

Alt+0163 = £

Kai

nah...have a $ doller $ on my keyboard too, thats why European keyboards are more expensive as we have to pay by the symbol ;)

Change your keyboard configuration to United Kingdom layout and it will be above the 3, your asterix symbol and inverted cmma symbols change place too.

Janx said:
How do you type in those pound symbols?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$££££££££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$£££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Thats how....thank god my keyboard hasnt got euros on it(thats next for new labour:mad: )

Back