Convert sankey tap to corney's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed up a bunch of beer for my sister's wedding. The place they are using for the reception has taps that I can hook into, but they are setup for sankey. Has anyone successfully done any kind of conversion here? I'm thinking I could supply my own CO2 on the gas side and then couple the beer lines together, but I haven't quite hit on how to do that. A shank ought to do it or maybe a thread reducer. Or maybe I could just cut the beer line and fix it afterwards. I don't like the idea of messing up somebody's balanced system though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

At some of the homebrew fests I have seen Corneys with sankey taps on the hatch lid, but I have no idea how they did it.. So I can verify that it can be done, but I do not know the process.

the reverse is also true, you could put your beer into a sankey, either a sixtol(1/6th barrel) if you could find one.

You might be better off just serving out of picnic taps. i understand the appeal of having your homebrew on tap, but the costs to convert to sankey will likely be high, and like you said, you don't want to go messing up their balanced system.

Another option would be to make a tap rack of sorts out of wood 9or something else) and drill the taps through it (think portable). Set that up in front of wherever you're putting the corneys. The advantage here is that you still have taps, and you can balance the system ahead of time and make sure it works. Also, check out Biermuncher's rolling kegerator.

I think these might help me couple the lines together. I could just disconnect the beer line from the sankey coupler and put it on one end of this shank, and then run a very short line from my corney keg to the other side of the shank.

Thoughts?

passthrough-shanks.jpg

Image shamelessly hotlinked through Northern Brewer.

Latest posts

Back