Convert non alcoholic beer to alcoholic beer !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impala96

Reaction score
Hi guys ,,,

i'm wondering how to make this non alcoholic beer

holsten_2.jpg

to alcoholic beer :eek::eek:

I need some help to do it :mug:

Hi guys ,,,

i'm wondering how to make this non alcoholic beer

You have to add alcohol which, given your geographic location might be difficult to get a hold of.

If your looking for a source of decent homemade alcoholic beverage you should check out this thread. Getting all the ingredients should be no problem. Very tasty result if you have patience.

You need the following.
  • Honey
  • Orange
  • Some spices (cinamon, clove etc)
  • Raisins
  • Bread yeast
  • A vessel to ferment in and an airlock of sorts
  • Sanitizer
Detol will do the trick, (just rinse it out thoroughly), although starsan is available where you are.

Another good option if you can get hold of some brewers yeast (any wine yeast or champagne yeast will do the trick) is this recipe. Again very tasty results faster than the other I linked. 3 months and you got yourself a decent apple wine.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

في صحتك

You have to add alcohol which, given your geographic location might be difficult to get a hold of.

If your looking for a source of decent homemade alcoholic beverage you should check out this thread. Getting all the ingredients should be no problem. Very tasty result if you have patience.

You need the following.
  • Honey
  • Orange
  • Some spices (cinamon, clove etc)
  • Raisins
  • Bread yeast
  • A vessel to ferment in and an airlock of sorts
  • Sanitizer
Detol will do the trick, (just rinse it out thoroughly), although starsan is available where you are.

Another good option if you can get hold of some brewers yeast (any wine yeast or champagne yeast will do the trick) is this recipe. Again very tasty results faster than the other I linked. 3 months and you got yourself a decent apple wine.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

في صحتك

I have :

- Airlock

41h0SXVX%2BFL._SX466_.jpg

- Ale yeast

lallemand-nottingham-ale-11-grams.jpg

- Sanitizer ( Dettol )

dettol.jpg

- A vessel

growler.jpg

- 100% apple juice

BBSgdcmCIAAiSw4.jpg

I saw in youtube the hard apple is the easiest thing to do , do you recommend me to go with the hard apple ? if yes can you give me the best recipe :D

Is my ale yeast good for mead ???

thank you dude :mug:

yeast date 2006?
good luck - bread yeast might be better if you can't get anything newer... (?)

Do you have any info on the drink in your picture below? (web site with ingredient list etc.)
Does it taste any better than ISTAK Pomegranate?
Does Holsten make other flavors as well?

http://somecontrast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/holsten_2.jpg

it's just pic from google , my yeast new !

the taste is very good and the beer in the pic its non alcoholic beer with Flavors from germany, its in middle east countries

http://www.holstenarabia.com/en/products/#pomegranate

I have :

brewing stuff better suited to small cider batches.

Is my ale yeast good for mead ???

thank you dude :mug:

No worries.

I'd go with a cider as it has a much faster turnaround.

Apple juice and nottingham ale yeast will get you a cider.

Is that a 1/2 gallon growler in which case you'll only need a little yeast 1/4 tsp should be plenty.

The Apfelwein link I posted earlier is very simple and with Nottingham Ale yeast should turn out very well. Just scale the ingredients to whatever size you can brew and add your Nottingham yeast instead of the champagne yeast.

Just remember to allow some room in your vessel for the foam that is generated during fermentation otherwise you'll get a messy result. Ale yeast will behave differently to the recipe's champagne yeast in that regard.

With ale yeast, sugar and preservative free apple juice (Vitamin C is fine) you have plenty of options for experimentation in cider.

تخمير سعيد

Firstly, you cannot just make alcohol from non-alcoholic beer. It has no sugars for the yeast to eat to make alcohol from.

Where you live makes brewing beer difficult. It's a process that generally requires some boiling and some MALT extract or Malt Grains that have to be crushed and mixed with water, etc. etc.

I second the Apple Cider (or whatever is easy to get hold of over there. Apples are very plentiful and cheap here). All you need is some juice, and bit of sugar (if you want to boost the alcohol) and some yeast. Ferment in a big jug using that airlock and in a couple of weeks you should have Hard Cider. If you want it to be bubbly, get some plastic soda bottles and right before you bottle add a little bit of fresh apple juice to each bottle, then fill with your hard cider and let it sit another week or two.

There are more detailed instructions in the Cider forum area, and other places all over the internet. Just Google Hard Cider Recipe.

What about the use or organic grains? May not taste the best but you can use bread making stuff to make alcohol. It may not taste the best, but if you are simply looking for alcohol, it will work..

Back