Controller questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
I have changed my mind again. I am trying to find a control panel that is not crazy expensive. Here is my plan I am going to convert my keggle to a hlt with a 5500w element continue to use my cooler with manifold as my mash tun and purchase a new boil kettle with another 5500w elements. I also would like to use a pump. I would like to stay around $500 for the controller I found this one in another thread
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1445111418.317778.jpg
I just don't know if this would work for what I am wanting to do. Any idea on a cost for this controller build. I planed on pulling power from my kitchen stove it has a 30a breaker. I don't have a electric dryer plug mine is gas. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the knowledge to make your own? If so you can make that for well under 500. Buying premade will cost more..

Something like the hosehead is your best option if your ok using sbe instead of manual pids

Not a lot of electrical knowledge but if I had I diagram to follow I think i should be able to build one

Back