Constellation Regrets Buying Ballast Point

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting read I came across today... Ballast Point makes good beer IMO. I've always thought it was overpriced though and maybe that's a contributing factor. I've noticed their prices dropping slightly since the acquisition but not enough to increase how often I buy the brand.

They also killed off my favorite, Habanero Sculpin.. Sad, sad, sad... Loved that beer!

https://vinepair.com/articles/hop-take-ballast-point/

It's gotten cheaper since Constellation bought them!!

It has but not by much. Its still one of the highest priced sixer's on the shelf. I think it may have dropped from ~14.99 a sixer to ~12.99 a sixer. Lower but still a bit high IMO. Especially when there are plenty of ~8.99 choices. The average these days seems about 10.99 which is still too high if you ask me.

I know its the distribution that's largely jacking the price up but in any case, Ballast Point is on the high side of things.

Deleted - too much to fix :( confused my brewies.

basically they will move all production inhouse and sales in house. kinda sad that this has also been done by AB and millercoors

been to alot of the BP locations - beers great from the brewery - like elysian - but get it from the bottle - quality toilet. 10.99 is too much for macro craft.

Last edited:
Funny, last summer I went to a few breweries in San Diego, and Ballast Point was disappointing. Food was decent, but the beer flights were mediocre at best.

Latest posts

Back