Connecting my stand to house plumbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aangel

Reaction score
I'm looking to connect my brew stand to my house plumbing. The stand sits on my deck, immediately adjacent to my kitchen sink and plumbing. There's actually a little door built into the house to enable this kind of thing I think. I just now need to A: tap into the drain and B: tap into the hot & cold water lines. See pictures. Any advice on what I need to get / how I should do this?

I have the pictured valve/plumbing manifold. I'm thinking of plumbing the side of that directly into the drain via a flexible dishwasher drain hose. For the water, I'm thinking of putting a garden hose style valve and outlet just inside the "door" and then using my existing drinking water hose for filling the brew pots and cleaning things out.

IMG_20160530_094843474.jpg

IMG_20160530_094448039.jpg

IMG_20160520_135119886.jpg

IMG_20160530_094849241.jpg

I would keep it simple and just tap into the hot and cold water. Tapping into the drain could require traps and check valves. Wastewater could go onto the lawn or flower beds.

I would keep it simple and just tap into the hot and cold water. Tapping into the drain could require traps and check valves. Wastewater could go onto the lawn or flower beds.
^^^This- but I'd add a water filter (hot water type) for your line to your HLT.

It's too much wastewater, especially in Winter. If a dishwasher can connect safely why not a brew stand?

Is the area heated? I got a utility sink and set it up on my porch to receive cold water from a spigot on the back of my house. I use a potable water RV hose for the connection. The sink drains into a 55 gallon plastic drum then though a soaker hose into the yard.

From the sink I ran a line through a house size water filter (carbon filter) and up to my HLT. 3 tier gravity system.

In the winter I have to drain everything to keep it from freezing.

Back