Confused on moving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdaddy54

Reaction score
I started another batch on 11/20 and my starting SG was 1.095 (instructions note to make around 1.050, and on day 5 check SG and if it is around 1.020 rack to secondary. I added sugar at the beginning to get my SG up to 1.095 so how do I figure when mine is ready for secondary, this is where I get confused when adding the sugar. Should I just like let it go for awhile, the fermentation is still active...

You don't need a secondary at all. Just leave it in primary until it's finished. Kit intructions are usually terrible.

So are you saying the ingredients were for a 1.050 beer and you added enough sugar to get it to 1.095?? That doesn't sound like it will taste very good. Maybe I'm not understanding you though.

Whoops! Sorry, I didn't look at the forum I was in. Just clicked on one from the "Newest Threads". I have zero experience with wine, so I can't really be of any help to you. Good luck though!

Back