Condensation in top of glass carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett3rThanU

Reaction score
This is my first batch of beer and it has been sitting in the secondary now for 8 days. I struggled with the fermentation temp a little in the beginning, but have since put the carboy in a bucket of water and wrapped a wet t-shirt around it. This morning I woke up and took a peak only to find condensation inside the carboy on the top part, is this bad? Also, even after 8 days in the secondary there is still a head of foam on the top, about 1/4", is that bad?

It's staying between 66 - 70 now. What about the layer of foam still on top after 8 days in the secondary? I don't see a lot of action in the airlock, but that foam is still there. I know I racked a little early into the secondary...

Search can be your friend............................

If you racked early, you might have fermentation in the clearing tank. It's ok, but for your next batch don't rack until the beer is done.

Back