Competition Advice / Input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
So I'm looking to enter 2-4 homebrew contests this year. I think I have an elementary understanding of the process.

Fill out the entry forms for the respective contest and follow the directions of the contest. Mail them in during the acceptance period. Wait.

Is it really that simple? Are there any unwritten codes, etiquette, or guidelines that I should be aware? Are there some contests that you just don't enter as a first timer?

I'm currently looking at the Schooner in Wisconsin and the MN State Fair primarily cause the dates work out for me and I live in MN and will more than likely go to the State Fair.

Do you have to attend these competitions or just send in your beer and await results?

Thanks.

MNBugeater

I entered the Schooner competition last year, but I could drop it off, so it was easy. Just follow the rules to the letter. Like don't use Sam Adams bottles because of the signature in the glass. Use plain gold caps. Label the bottles as described.

By the way I won the IPA group last year.

I was going to go but had to work at the last minute and didn't go. I found out the following Monday I had won when I stopped in at my LHBS a drop of point.

Back