Comments for this recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0stm4n

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get rid of a bunch of grain I have sitting around. How does this recipe look? It uses all the extra half pounds and whatnot I have sitting around.

http://hopville.com/recipe/930899/oatmeal-stout-recipes/kitchen-sink-stout

If I need to remove or add anything that would be fine. I have more 2 row and a couple ounces of cascade sitting around but I will need to hit up the LHBS to crush the grain anyway so I can pick up whatever they have on hand.

Sounds like a drinkable English ale. Could have some issues from too many kinds of ingredients. Maybe save out the flaked barley and oats for something else?

Those were the 2 I really wanted to go! I just haven't ran into another use for them since I brewed my last stout last winter.

Even for a 10 gallon batch, you'll only need one whirlfloc tablet. That's the only thing I would say.

For a kitchen sink batch, it looks like you don't have too much of any one malt, or anything that would really clash with anything else going on. Oats and flaked barley aren't common together, but there's no reason I know of that it wouldn't work. Go for it! It may be overly complicated, but you're trying to clean house! Garbage brews can be a lot of fun. Though, it's more of an English porter color than a stout...

Even for a 10 gallon batch, you'll only need one whirlfloc tablet. That's the only thing I would say.

For a kitchen sink batch, it looks like you don't have too much of any one malt, or anything that would really clash with anything else going on. Oats and flaked barley aren't common together, but there's no reason I know of that it wouldn't work. Go for it! It may be overly complicated, but you're trying to clean house! Garbage brews can be a lot of fun. Though, it's more of an English porter color than a stout...

I was just picking styles until one accepted it.

Back