Comet hops available?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconnie

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have just become aware of the old but newly re-grown hop variety called Comet, and the small amount of information I can find is very intriguing. A few people on here have posted positive thoughts after buying some last year, but I was wondering if any more people have used them and could describe their experience?
Also, is there anyone out there still selling them? I haven't been able to find any available for sale online, but I'd love to get some without having to wait for next years harvest!

Hopsdirect sells Comet but I think they're sold out now. I bought 1 lb off them last year. a friend of mine did a Comet/ Amarillo IPA (3 oz Comet at 60 min and 2 oz amarillo towards the end of the boil) and it turned out quite well

Seems like very little availability this year. They've become one of my favorite hops, tons of grapefruit, and I feel lucky that I got even a pound this year. Did an all comet IPA at a local brewery and it took them months to track down even a single 13 lb box. What I want to know now is which pros bought them all up. After they came back on the scene I knew it would only be a matter of time before they got hot.

pohldogg said:
Seems like very little availability this year. They've become one of my favorite hops, tons of grapefruit, and I feel lucky that I got even a pound this year. Did an all comet IPA at a local brewery and it took them months to track down even a single 13 lb box. What I want to know now is which pros bought them all up. After they came back on the scene I knew it would only be a matter of time before they got hot.

Just curious, what brewery made he single hop with Comet?

A new local place called apocalypse brew works. It came out good, but does have a hint of the onioniness I'm picking up in a lit of this years crop though.

In case anyone was still wondering about this, Farmhouse Brewing Supply is selling comet (plus a bunch of experimental hops and had to find varieties) on their website. Good pricing, quick shipping, recommended if you are looking for some unique hops!

Latest posts

Back