Colorado Craft For a Cause - We need Denver-area Homebrewers and Judges!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmartin000

Reaction score
Howdy Everybody....

I'm helping my wife organize a homebrew tasting/festival/fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, Sept 19, and we're looking for brewers willing to donate some homebrew as well as judges!

Here's the situation: This is a homebrew festival and competition. We're asking homebrewers to bring in 2.5 gallons of up to 2 of their creations to serve to attendees of the event. There are 2 competitions as well - we've got a judges choice and a people's choice contest. The judge's choice winner will have their beer brewed at Factotum Brewery, while the people's choice winner will have their beer brewed at Co-Brew, both of which are breweries in Denver. All proceeds will go to benefit the Washington Street Community Center. All brewers will also get a free vial of Inland Island Yeast!

We're also looking for judges for this event. Scoring will be based on a modified BJCP system. If you're interested in judging, please PM me!

Additionally, we're doing a bottle grab with a chance to win a Heady Topper, Pliny, 3 floyds, or some other great beer you can't get much of in Colorado.

We're also capping entries at 15 brewers. I'm sitting at 9 right now, and am looking for 6 more to fill the roster. Your beer can be kegged/bottled/growlers/whatever. This is more of a homebrew festival than a beer competition. It gives homebrewers the chance to serve their beers to the general public and get some great feedback, as well as to taste lots of great beer.

I've done a few of these now, and the last one had a guy that won 2 medals at the NHC, as well as several extract brewers. All levels welcome!

Any questions? PM me. I'd love to get a couple more brewers as well as a few judges.....We'd love to have you! PM me and I'll put you on the list and give you the rest of the details.

More info available here:

http://wscc-denver.org/craft-for-a-cause.html

Back