College Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a proud fan of THE Ohio State University. This year, I don't know, it's going to be rough. At Penn State, at Michigan, home against Wisky I could see us losing all three games. It all depends on how quickly our young offense gels. On the other side of the ball I think we're okay but this offense concerns me, a lot of inexperienced players out there. Oh well, we'll see and I'm damn sure I'll enjoy EVERY SINGLE minute of it.

Oh, and as long as we beat a certain team on November 17th the season will be a success in my book.

OblivionsGate said:
three letters people

W V U

*you have just been owned* :rockin:

Hell yes BIG EAST. I hope you all are better than anyone but us this year. (U of L)Rutgers, S. Florida and Cinci all look to be better this year than last! It ought to be a nail biting year. I know you all are better, and I think we are too. One of us has to go undefeated and trounce all over an SEC team in a bowl game. God I love college football!

Roterdrache - (what does that mean by the way?) I admire your subdued appraisal of the situation. All the other Ohio State fans I know pretend that the last game of the year didn't happen.....
I think that they will be really good, good luck with that rival to the north. My money is on you guys!

Never afraid to waive my cock! God Damn wolverines. Well ****, guess now is a great time to get started on next year since the BCS is out of the question this year.

Beermaker said:
Never afraid to waive my cock! God Damn wolverines. Well ****, guess now is a great time to get started on next year since the BCS is out of the question this year.

Are you kidding? It's Michigan for crying out loud. They get an extra ten places in the rankings just for being Michigan and still breathing. Same with Notre Dame. I'll be surprised if the wolverines drop out of the top ten. If Wisconsin had lost a to a similar opponent they'd be out of the rankings entirely. Damn rankings are nothing but a popularity contest, and yet you still want your team voted up there. Can't help it:cross:

I didnt say they belong in the top 20 ater that, but yes, they are still MICHIGAN. Even if they lost to the #1 1-AA team in the nation the last 2 years. I am devestated. And they ned to fall far for that one, fire Carr and look to next week. Its over.

I'm glad the news media got off the OU Fiesta Bowl trip and focuses on the Michigan/App St. game. I've had about enough analyzing of the Fiesta Bowl that I can stand. Now there is some damn Pontiac commercial focusing on the infamous statute of liberty play that caused us to loose the game.
Sooners................around here, that's about all we got forward to looking to when September rolls around.

Florida St got emberrassed as well. I only care, because the biggest ass hole I have ever known would not shut up about how great Fla state would be this year. I am sure he was crying, and that makes me feel all warm and happy inside!

And another thing!!! Michigan has no business even being ranked right now. Any one who votes for them needs to be told to watch the TV once in a while so they realize when a team has been utterly humiliated and beaten down, because they obviously didn't see the news.

All I know is Cal took it to Tennessee!! SEC who? Pac 10 Football, it is our year! USC your next, you bunch of frauds!!! :rockin:

Eastside........

Eastside Brewer said:
All I know is Cal took it to Tennessee!! SEC who? Pac 10 Football, it is our year! USC your next, you bunch of frauds!!! :rockin:

Eastside........

Pac Ten's year??? UW just doubled up on Washington State. I know that isn't saying much, but.........

The Big East looks to have an EVEN BETTER YEAR IN 07! WVU now #3, my Cards now #8, Rutgers #15. South Florida goes to Auburn this week! I expect a full blown rout of those pompous bastards!
I agree, SEC who? the SEC bags on the BIG EAST all the time. I am sick of it.
No SEC team would agree to play U of L this year. Not one.

The University of Nevada at Reno. We got our ass handed to us up in Nebraska this weekend. Didn't think we would win, but you secretly beg to knock off someone like them. Looking forward to basketball.

Rick

Well, the AP got it right:

The final fallout from a disastrous opening weekend for Michigan came Tuesday, when the Wolverines dropped all the way out of The Associated Press Top 25, an unprecedented fall from No. 5 to unranked.

:rockin:

On ESPN.com the "Bottom 10" rankings include the wolverines for their de-frocking by appalachian, also the Syracuse Orangemen uniforms are listed as being "at risk" of entering the bottom 10. I thought that was pretty funny.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Michigan not ranked. I figured that there were enough brain dead voters to keep them in the top 25. Evidently there are only 138 or so brain dead voters.

cheezydemon said:
On ESPN.com the "Bottom 10" rankings include the wolverines for their de-frocking by appalachian, also the Syracuse Orangemen uniforms are listed as being "at risk" of entering the bottom 10. I thought that was pretty funny.

That's about all that showed up on Friday night! We looked awful. Wait, we are awful. The first half wasn't bad, but then it got ugly real quick. I saw on the news last night that A. Robinson (Fresh QB) say that they are looking to correct things and get a win against Iowa. Is he high? Win at Iowa?

And someone please explain to me how the hell Rutgers got good and ranked? They were the Big East's prison ***** for so many years. Everyone trounced them.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Louisiville basketball game last year, cheezydemon. I'm still pissed about us not getting invited to the NCAA!

Oh that's right! Deimondorf (or whatever) and the crew. The big east is a freaking meat grinder in basketball. I thought you all should have made it too, but other teams made good arguments too. Hopefully this year!

Dude said:
LMAO...the Wolverines are getting blasted at home by Oregon, and the Michigan "fans" are booing the team off the field at half time.

I'm loving this.

Im getting drunk tonight and burning all my Michigan shirts and hats.

Dude said:
LMAO...the Wolverines are getting blasted at home by Oregon, and the Michigan "fans" are booing the team off the field at half time.

I'm loving this.

Ha! Me too!:ban:

Ryanh1801 said:
Im getting drunk tonight and burning all my Michigan shirts and hats.

Oh, no you're not! If I can proudly wear all my Brewers stuff for the last 25 year you can live with a couple tough losses.:cross:

I'd buy some App St. shirts if I could....to bad it's all sold out. Fear not Michigan fans, I think your first win is a week away. unfortunately....

Wow, UW snuck out of Vegas with a squeaker. They gotta do a little better or they aren't going to win much longer....Whew!

Fu#$in Wolverines!! Its one thing to lose, but to get spanked again........I give up on them this year......still a fan for life but Im not expecting **** this year.... I just hope they can get a W from ND and thats alll I care about now......just pathetic tonight...see ya lloyd....your last year at M

Bernie Brewer said:
Wow, UW snuck out of Vegas with a squeaker. They gotta do a little better or they aren't going to win much longer....Whew!

Can't wait to hear what sause thinks. I think he was down there for it.

Close one! The D looks terrible.

It' not gonna be just Michigan. Every (.....how can I say this...) Every "less than great" team that plays a ranked team is gonna hear "if APPALACHIAN State could do it.... Then By God WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!" in the locker room.

MTSU came out gunning for U of L with unexpected ferocity.
Akron looked like they would beat Ohio State for the whole 1st half. 2 top 25 teams were upended by unranked teams.

Appalachian State has set the stage for this to be a completely insane year. I predict no perfect seasons. Or at least some real near misses and a little luck for anyone that does.

EDIT -Sorry! 3 top 25 fell to unranked opponents.

signlsutiger0hn.gif

Geaux Tigers!

Mike Hart is guaranteeing a win next week against Notre Dame.... Wow, I'm surprised he didn't throw guaranteed wins against Illinois or Indiana in there too. Is University of Buffalo on the schedule? That could be another cupcake to guarantee too...

LSUGrad00 said:
signlsutiger0hn.gif

Geaux Tigers!

Word. Made my poor hokies look like a bunch of old ladies out there. LSU looks like an NFL team, boys...I do say that USC would get stomped by them.

Poor Hokies :( They never had a chance...

I had high hopes for the Aggies this year, but their horrible showing this weekend (won in 3rd OT vs Fresno State) makes me think they'll have another mediocre year. They're gonna get spanked by some of the big boys.

Lil' Sparky said:
I had high hopes for the Aggies this year, but their horrible showing this weekend (won in 3rd OT vs Fresno State) makes me think they'll have another mediocre year. They're gonna get spanked by Texas Tech

Fixed it for ya.:p

Damn Vegas and their buying the refs every game... I said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again comma Get Donavin Out Of There! He missed half a dozen wide open receivers and couldn't get the ball within five yards of another half dozen. There was once again too many missed tackles. You can't stop a team that throws wide receiver screens from catching the ball but you sure can tackle them after. The badgers always have had problems defending that Northwestern style offense. Yes Florida comma Utah comma and West Virginia fans; Northwestern started that style of option out of the shotgun offense. Some of the play calling was terrible as well as some execution.

It's funny that UNLV has only sold out their stadium four times and all have been when UW was there. And they sell "beer" inside the stadium.

sause said:
Damn Vegas and their buying the refs every game... I said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again comma Get Donavin Out Of There! He missed half a dozen wide open receivers and couldn't get the ball within five yards of another half dozen. There was once again too many missed tackles. You can't stop a team that throws wide receiver screens from catching the ball but you sure can tackle them after. The badgers always have had problems defending that Northwestern style offense. Yes Florida comma Utah comma and West Virginia fans; Northwestern started that style of option out of the shotgun offense. Some of the play calling was terrible as well as some execution.

It's funny that UNLV has only sold out their stadium four times and all have been when UW was there. And they sell "beer" inside the stadium.

WAAY too many dropped passes also.

NC STATE

well it doesnt look that great so far. we need to find an offensive line. maybe a repeat of last season, 3-9.... maybe 5-7 if we get a little something together

Wisco BADGERS!!! although defense is gunna have to step it up in the next few weeks, they're lookin kinda slow. As for the big men up front...they are all huge. they should be pushin everyone outta the way so my man P.J. can run for 100+ yards every game.

Texas Tech. Gonna win the Big XII this year. Gonna score 100 points on UT. Guns up baby!

Remind me again what that score was against the powerhouse UTEP? And you think you're going to mop up Texas and Oklahoma. Ya'll are as nuts as most of the Aggie fans around here!
looney.gif

Latest posts

Back