Cold keg, warm keg, cold again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perch06

Reaction score
I need to make some room in my keezer so that I can cold crash another beer. This will be temporary, maybe three days max. My question is whether It would be alright to take one of the corny kegs full of beer currently in the keezer out of the keezer, let it warm to room temp, and then throw it back in the keezer when done with the cold crash? Would the warming then cooling of the beer have a significant negative effect on the beer? It's currently about one third full and (obviously) fully carbed. If it matters, the keezer is set around 40 degrees and room temp in my basement is around 66 right now.

You should be fine, I just did this. Switched to a keg that was only 1/4 full in between uses of a half full keg of ESB. The ESB tasted the same after getting it cooled down again.

Perfect timing for this thread - I am about to do the same thing, and the responses are reassuring!

UPDATE: apparently it may take up to 13 hours for a seemingly fine poppit to become a leaky poopit.

#########

Latest posts

Back