Cold Crash/Lager in a Better Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Came across a great Frigidaire Mini Fridge this evening on Craigslist for $50and I plan to use it for lagering and cold crashing. But I only use Better Bottles.

Are these not so good to use for this purpose since they are pliable and can suck air and sanitizer back in as the temp drops? I'm starting to think i'd be better off using corneys or a glass carboy but was curious if it was def needed.

Use an s airlock no suck back of liquids at least.

I would think you'd be fine I wouldn't want to try years. But the standard 6-8eeeks lagering I think you'd be fine.

Cold crashing a day or two again not a problem.

Just my .02

I've been cold crashing in better bottles for quite a while, with no adverse effects. I use either vodka or grain alcohol in the airlock, so if I get any suck back, it just makes it all that much better. :D

You could always use sanitize tinfoil and hold it onto the top of the bottle with a rubber band. At least until you come down to temperature. Then you could put the airlock Back on if you really want.

QuercusMax said:
You could always use sanitize tinfoil and hold it onto the top of the bottle with a rubber band. At least until you come down to temperature. Then you could put the airlock Back on if you really want.

Yup, that's my technique

Back