Cold Crash before Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoore77

Reaction score
If I cold crash my secondary 24 hours before bottling will that effect the corn sugar carbonation process. I'm dry hopping this batch and would like to drop the temp to say 40-45 for 24 hours before bottling to help clear my final product.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jason

If I cold crash my secondary 24 hours before bottling will that effect the corn sugar carbonation process. I'm dry hopping this batch and would like to drop the temp to say 40-45 for 24 hours before bottling to help clear my final product.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jason

No, you just bottle it the same way with the same amount of sugar. No problem at all. You can even bottle it still cold, and allow it to warm up to room temperature to carb.

I had the same question. It's surprising to me that too many yeast don't drop out, impacting carbonation.

It doesn't take almost any yeast to carbonate a beer. It might take a little longer if you cold-crashed the pants off it, but no way cold crashing is going to affect final carbonation level.

Latest posts

Back