Coheed and Cambria

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found them about a year ago and love them. awesome voice awesome sound awesome music

Catchy, great sounding guitars, symphonic at some points, singer has the voice of a pre-adolescent girl...what more can you want?!

I havent kept up with them in the last few years but they are a great band for sure. What I really dig is that all their albums and pretty much all their songs are based on a comic/sci fi adventure story the singer wrote. Pretty slick.

Ok, the voice is about the only thing that makes them sound like Rush. They don't have a self-worshiping drummer and the annoying-after-a-while time sig changes. The guitar work is also much better.

I absolutley hated the dudes voice when I first heard them and kinda never listened to them. I recentley saw them open for Slipknot and they were amazing since then I haven't listened to anything else really there ability and creativity are awesome.

Isn't it amazing what a live performance can do to your impression of a band?

OT examples, I passed on No Doubt based on radio play and whatnot. Then I got free tickets to see a show and I was floored. The same thing happened with Avril Lavigne and Life of Agony.

Another huge C&C fan here! Don't forget they have the small Rush tribute of 2113 ;)

OT: Never got the impression that Neil was self-worshipping - super quiet guy. His writings are pretty humbled as well.

Isn't it amazing what a live performance can do to your impression of a band?

Ya it was amazing, and we take a live performance for granted. They came out and just started ripping it up they never spoke to the crowd once. they jammed and when the last song was over they left it was really awesome how they worked the stage show.

Big fan of Coheed and Cambria here.

I have seen two live shows and, they sound BETTER live.
I have the studio albums and the live albums as well. They should stick to live releases.

Will admit that Coheed and Cambria, Fates Warning and Opeth were the soundtrack for my post messy divorce recovery. :ban:

I was scimming through Youtube today and stumbled across this acoustic. I really Like it. [youtube]CkCYGghg1uY[/youtube]

Great band that's not afraid to do something a little different from the rest of the crap on the radio!!!

:rockin:

Never really cared for his singing style.

Speaking of other long haired fellows anyone like My Morning Jacket? Cool band. Put on a cool live show.

Last edited:
i was turned on to them a couple years ago. and welcome home is so very catchy cant see how anyone couldnt like them

I liked them when I was a senior in high school, right after second stage turbine blade came out, I love that album...

That sounds like my C&C story as well.

I just picked up the Neverender box set (drunken online purchase) and it is awesome. I haven't quite convinced myself that the thing is worth the $110 price tag, but it's awesome to see every song in order.

Their live sound/performance really blew me away when Claudio and Travis started playing through Bogners though. Great amps.

Back