Coca-Cola cooler kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggie22

Reaction score
I have had this old coca cola cooler sitting in my garage for a few months. I inherited it after my grandpa passed away. Originally I thought I would somewhat restore it and use it as a cooler on the patio. But it is so big I think it would be overkill. After some more thought, research and measurement, I decided to make it into a kegerator. Naturally a build thread should accompany this project. This by no means is going to be a quick build with a 4 year old and a 5 month old in the house along with the normal honey dos. I will work on it when I can and update the thread accordingly.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439856489.062121.jpg
What I am starting with.

My plan is clean it up a little and put a clear coat on it to inhibit anymore rust. Then, use some 2" insulated panels that I have to build a box and lid on the inside taking up about 2/3 of the cooler. The other 1/3 will hold the CO2 tank and will be space for the compressor and the heat exchange coils off of a mini fridge that I plan to cool it with. Something like this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-kegerator-build-frankin-mini-fridge-263926/
I don't know what I want to use for a top or the tap tower yet. Still brainstorming.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439860615.322954.jpg
Got the tub out.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439860669.519151.jpg
Scraping crap off of the inside

Latest posts

Back