CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatS197Guy

Reaction score
I live in Westwood NJ and all CO2 places are only open 7-4 week days. Need a place to fill my tanks. Just moved here and trying any route. All paint ball and sparring stores can’t fill it because they don’t want to sell all their gas at once or they aren’t allowed to. Any suggestions besides Airgas? I am only filling a 7.40 pound bottle it’s a little bigger then a 2 liter

I had luck going to hydroponics stores around here but they only swap 20lb and 50lb tanks after an initial buy-in here. I had to do that when I couldn't find anywhere to fill my 5lb that was open outside of 8-5 M-F, but on the plus side what I'm paying for a 20lb swap is about the same as what I was paying for a 5lb fill at the fire extinguisher places. Just gotta figure out what to do with my empty 5lb tank now

I live in Westwood NJ

Hi neighbor, I am in Franklin Lakes.

I know you said “besides” Airgas but there’s one of those in Oakland if you reconsider. Better yet is Cask & Kettle Homebrew in Boonton, albeit a drive down Rte 287, but a nice LHBS and they do 5 lb tank exchanges.

It is a bit of a wasteland up here in Northeast NJ for homebrewing for some reason. You could also call Corrado’s beer and winemaking in Clifton and see if they recommend a CO2 place.

Hi neighbor, I am in Franklin Lakes.

I know you said “besides” Airgas but there’s one of those in Oakland if you reconsider. Better yet is Cask & Kettle Homebrew in Boonton, albeit a drive down Rte 287, but a nice LHBS and they do 5 lb tank exchanges.

It is a bit of a wasteland up here in Northeast NJ for homebrewing for some reason. You could also call Corrado’s beer and winemaking in Clifton and see if they recommend a CO2 place.

I actually always get my CO2 from Boonton Cask and kettle. Little bit of a hike being almost an hour but the owner and wife of the joint are extremely nice and helpful. Not bad prices either.

Back