Co2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_the_goods

Reaction score
About how long does a 5# bottle of Co2 usually last? And is it worth it to get a Kegorator conversion kit with a Co2 bottle for $281.96?

If you are using the CO2 only for dispensing, it should last you around 30 corny kegs. If you start dispensing Soda and/or force carbing then results will vary. To answer your other question, it depends on what you're looking for. If you only want a fridge conversion kit (not tower) with one faucet you can get it as low as $198.95 @ 1 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit for Homebrew with keg! or if you need a tower and only one faucet it runs $219.89 @ 1 Faucet Tower Kit with Cornelius/Firestone Keg . A little more details as to what you want would yield more specific answers!

my 5lb tank lasts about 4-6 kegs now that I upgraded to a 4 keg set up. I force carb by setting it at serving pressure for 2+ weeks before tapping. I also use it to bottle from the keg from time to time with my beergun. If you are planning on having more than 2 kegs, I'd recomend a larger tank (10-20lbs).

many will say 6-10 kegs. depends on how much you carb the beers (or if you prime with sugar for carbonation instead).

also, some shady CO2 filling stations don't give you a full 5lbs. same goes for propane places.
you can always look at the Tare weight on the cylinder, then weigh it. A new 5lb cylinder should weigh Tare + 5lbs.

If you are using the CO2 only for dispensing, it should last you around 30 corny kegs. If you start dispensing Soda and/or force carbing then results will vary. To answer your other question, it depends on what you're looking for. If you only want a fridge conversion kit (not tower) with one faucet you can get it as low as $198.95 @ 1 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit for Homebrew with keg! or if you need a tower and only one faucet it runs $219.89 @ 1 Faucet Tower Kit with Cornelius/Firestone Keg . A little more details as to what you want would yield more specific answers!

Yeah, that's a way better deal. I was thinking of just gettin a cheap used fridge and converting it for beer goodness:mug:, I guess someday I'd like to be able to put 4 kegs on one fridge or however many will fit. By the way, how big are the corny kegs?

Latest posts

Back