CO2 tanks for kegs size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybmx10

Reaction score
after bottling my 1st batch of beer and it taking close to 2h i decided i want to buy a keg! but the co2 tanks are more expensive then them! so i have a 22 oz co2 tank and i am looking to buy a 5 gal keg. is this co2 good enough to last me the whole keg?

Will you be carbing the beer with the co2 or only pushing the beer with the co2? If pushing that would be more than enough.

Correct. There are calculators for priming sugar amounts for kegging. Doing it this way will create more sediment compared to carbonating with CO2.

I use a 20 oz paint ball bottle. First time using it, I had a leak on my keg and needed a refill before the keg was empty. I forgot to tighten the keg posts all the way.
My last two 5-gal batches were kegged the same day, January 19th. So far, I've force carbed both kegs and pushed one empty. I'm pushing the second keg now and looks like I have plenty of co2 left, according to the pressure gauge. I'm expecting the pressure on the bottle to start dropping soon.

Back