Co2 tank regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
Have a sanke Kegerator and recently set it up. Beer flowed fine through it but on the co2 tank no matter if I turned the nut, the gauge read 0 on psi. Any idea why?

Also what do you recommend on pump wise to clean my beer lines?

Yes, spun the tank knob all the way and then opened the little valve on the hose on the regulator. Beer pumps through the hose and everything

and it keeps pouring, keg after keg, pour after pour? If so, the gauge is messed up. For serving it's not a huge deal. Just start at nothing and increase until your pours are fast enough but not foamy.

You do want to replace that gauge eventually. Not knowing your pressure will screw up your control of carbonation.

I assumed he was using this sanke setup for commercial beers, but yes, that would be crucial if carbing.

If you're using cornies you can clean your beer lines, faucets and the keg at the same time. Mix up an OxyClean solution in the keg and run through the lines and faucets, then do the same with a fresh water rinse and sanitizer. Much easier then taking everything apart.

Edit. Tre9er, I think you were right he does say sanke kegerator. Where's my attention to detail today!

Back