CO2 tank in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i keep mine in the kegerator. I never thought about pressure changes but I would assume if everything is the same temp then it'd be more accurate. the cold might condense the gas inside the tank but the gas will leave the tank faster than 10psi and the regulator won't allow more than 10 psi through it. as long as everything is the same temp the gas won't expand and change pressure

I've done it both ways and haven't noticed a difference in carb levels at 12 PSI on the regulator.

the pressure in teh tank will reduce from around 1000/1800 to 600/800 but the regulator will output the same 10psi (ex only) no matter what. While the liquid CO2 is affected by temp, the regulator operation is not.

the pressure in teh tank will reduce from around 1000/1800 to 600/800 but the regulator will output the same 10psi (ex only) no matter what. While the liquid CO2 is affected by temp, the regulator operation is not.

My Co2 tank and the 4 regulators are outside of my Fridge with just 4 gas hoses going into the fridge to the kegs.

Soo , if my regulator is set at 12 psi outside the fridge, , My kegs in the fridge are still getting the 12 Psi even though the temp drops down to say 36 and the gas lines are exposed to that temp? I'm getting no drop in the psi after the hoses pass through the fridge wall?

I'm still having trouble trying to figure out the exact psi I need, cause it seems either Not enough, OR too much LOL

theoretically, there probably is some change in psi when it goes through the fridge wall, but it's too small to notice. if you've got the keg at 12 psi outside the fridge with lines going in, you're fine.

Back