Co2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmg97

Reaction score
Hi Guys, need some advised. Putting together a keezer and not sure what to do for the regulator. Money is getting tight. Going to have a 4 tap system but just 3 to start. Should I get one regulator and a dist setup or spend the money and get multi-pressure system ? Going to have 2 home brew and 1 commercial on tap to start.

A dual body regulator is really nice though. It's more expensive now, but in the long run, you'll forget how much you spent and appreciate the extra pressure option.

I use the extra pressure gauge A) as a convenient way to purge, push, or whatever else outside of just dispensing, and B) as an easy way to put hi PSI (30'ish) to speed up force carbing a new keg while not disturbing my other kegs.

As much as the cost savings is awesome, the tough part is not begin able to dial in each beer. I went the regulator route. So I've got a primary, and three secondaries. One for each tap. No regrets. But yeah, $120 or so more than a three way manifold? it's a tough pill the first time.

I've got a taprite dual pressure regulator for my two tap kegerator. I really think it is a great product. I often will have a stout on tap and another beer that requires a much higher psi to get the correct "to style" level of carbonation. The dual pressure reg is great for that.

This is the one I have. Got it from kegconnection preassembled with the gas-lines

51L9pzz5GEL.jpg

It depends on what you brew. I only brew IPAs, and so I serve them at the same pressure. I burst charge a new keg for 24 hours, but if you have pressure in your other kegs, you can just shut them off with the distributor and still get beer out of them.

Back