Co2 Regulator Rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxofRain

Reaction score
I'm looking to mount my dual regulator inside my keezer but keep the tank outside. My regulator is similar to this one:

t1ADL.jpg

Can move the volume gauge to the tank? Other than a cap for where the gauge is now, would I need anything more than some sort of tee on the tank to do this? Is it worth the hassel to do this or will the gauge be accurate in the keezer?

Thanks!

not really sure to be honest. I do know that the volume guage doesn't work for beans inside a fridge

If by volume gauge you mean the one on the left (to supposedly depict the amount of CO2 left in the tank), it is never accurate. It only measures the pressure of the headspace and not the amount of CO2 in the tank. It will stay at one level until the tank is essentially empty and then drop into the red area.

That being said, it should exhibit that behavior no matter where it is, so I wouldn't mess with the regulator and just put it in the keezer.

Latest posts

Back