co2 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbieo13

Reaction score
How long does a 5 lb co2 tank usally last. I have 3 kegs and don't force carb.
It seems like i'm just blowing throught my gas. I checked for leaks and don't seem to have any. just want to see how long it's lasting everyone else.

thanks

i must have a leak somewhere. i'm on my second bottle and haven't made it through 3 kegs.

Check all the connections on the regulator. Mine leaked straight from the factory. I've heard a common place is if you forgot to put the plastic washer under that giant nut that connects to the tank. Start spraying all connections with starsan.

Keep your valve on the tank completly open when having the tank turned on. If not, gas will leak from around the packing nut of the valve.
Also check your connections, posts and lids of all your kegs with star-san or some other safe foam producing agent

yea i don't think i've been keeping that valve all the way open... I'll try that thanks

Keep your valve on the tank completly open when having the tank turned on. If not, gas will leak from around the packing nut of the valve.
Also check your connections, posts and lids of all your kegs with star-san or some other safe foam producing agent

This little trick cost me a bottle of CO2. There should be a big warning on all those bottles: "Uses a rear seating stem...OPEN ALL THE WAY".

Back