co2 pressure issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basisforaday

Reaction score
So I just made a kegerator a few weeks ago and kegged my first beer. Everything worked fine...set the psi to 12 psi and left it for a week. I finished the keg this past week and moved on to the next. I now have 2 kegs of beer ready to go. I have a dual co2 regulator. I set the psi on the first keg to 12 but it seems like no matter how hard I try thats the max psi that I can get out of the regulator. I tried putting gas on the other keg but the psi won't go past 4 or so. I have used starsan to check for leaks everywhere and can't find any. My tank doesn't feel that full. Is there anything else I should look for? It's just weird that I can't set my psi to anything higher than 12 or so on the first keg and 4 on the 2nd.

Sounds like both regulators are defective. If there was a problem with the tank, the regulators would get stuck at the same pressure. If they are still under warranty, I'd send them back.

Back