CO2 Manifold Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggator

Reaction score
I just picked up some corny kegs, manifold and CO2 tank tonight. I hooked everything up tonight and pressure tested one of the kegs..

Even after I turn the CO2 tank completely off, my gauge that reads the PSI in the tank is still showing 1100 pounds. Shouldn't this go to 0 after I turn off the tank?

Did you bleed the air out of the line that goes to the keg? My gauge will only go to zero if I turn my tank off and then let the air out of the line.

so I hooked it back up to the keg, added some CO2 and then turned it off. Went to 0

New question - The CO2 in the keg is a white cloud. Is that normal? I thought I read somewhere that's liquid CO2 which is bad....

Yep, I get that white cloud too. It's normal. I read some huge thread a while back about what causes it, sort of understood and the bottom line is it's normal.

I believe it has to do with the sudden change in pressure. I know when I used to play paintball you could see a little puff of white come out the end of the guns (the use C02).

Excellent...thanks all. I can't wait to get a beer in these kegs and give them a try. Bottling was becoming much a chore and a deterrent to brewing

Back