CO2 manifold for large system question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kef300

Reaction score
I need to set up a large draft system of 25-30 taps. All manifolds I've seen online don't seem to go higher than 9 outlets. All I can think of is removing the cap at the opposite end of the manifold and joining it to another one with a nipple or piece of hose. Is this the correct way to do it? Is this how the big boys do it?
What if I want different pressures for each line? Are there large manifolds with secondary regulators?

Thanks guys!

Right, I get that, but for the ones that do, do they just buy a bunch of secondary regulators and link them up in series? And for the ones that don't use secondary regulators, do they just line up several manifolds in series?

Right, I get that, but for the ones that do, do they just buy a bunch of secondary regulators and link them up in series? And for the ones that don't use secondary regulators, do they just line up several manifolds in series?

"Yes"

You have to have an actual plan for just how capable the system needs to be - somewhere between one regulator driving everything to a regulator per tap line.

Once you have an actual plan, the rest is just math...

Cheers!

Here's what I'd do:
20%20port%20regulator_zps3fyyqkzn.jpg

Set your Primary regulator to like 30 or whatever, connect it to a manifold that gives you as many outputs as you need and then connect multibody regulators to that. Might be cheaper to buy multiple 4 body secondaries and get a volume discount? IDK I paid like 200 for mine so that's like 50 bucks a body and that 10 body above is like 500 so seems about the same, just depends on your set up if its easier to have separate ones you can relocate or larger ones so you have less to mess with.

Conversely you could switch it up and do a multibody regulator and then run cheaper manifolds of each of those (@mongoose33 suggested this above). Less control/serving pressures but much cheaper to buy manifolds than secondary regulators. Just depends on what level of customization you want.

80/20 aluminum extrusion manifold? You could make it 20 feet long if you like, plan the regulator locations and mount the blocks, and the T-slots make mounting a breeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys. Currently evaluating my options. Might go for a secondary regulator for each keg.

Back