CO2 Location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giftedeye2

Reaction score
I have always left my CO2 tank inside my kegerator. Is that bad? Should it be at room temperature?

That's where I keep mine. Plus, no holes to compromise anything or leak anything out. Plus plus, one less thing to trip on in my garage.

One little thing to think about if it's in a chest freezer type kegerator.....don't EVER lean your head and body inside the kegerator. If there's a gas leak, you can pass out almost instantly, fall in and die. Seriously. Not that that's any different to keeping it outside the kegerator - a leak inside can do the same thing.

it will give the option of scraping the tank, like licking a baggie....if the high pressure gauge starts going down, just put it outside the fridge, and you can probably squeeze another day or two out of it......

(just a joke, kiddies...if your high pressure gauge ever starts dropping, get a fill/swap immediately!)

I keep my CO2 tank outside the keezer. Connected to the secondary regulator with a quick disconnect allowing me to use the CO2 tank to pressure test a just filled corny keg outside the keezer.

Keezer.jpg

I keep my CO2 tank outside the keezer. Connected to the secondary regulator with a quick disconnect allowing me to use the CO2 tank to pressure test a just filled corny keg outside the keezer.

View attachment 694635

not a bad idea for burst carbing either! (it also looks cool that it's on wheels! could just drag it around the house with me! :mug:)

If you're using a converted refrigerator, you may be able to find some space on the door. I made a custom mount to keep it in place. Here's a picture with a 10# tank, but my 20# tank will fit in there too.

tank on door.jpg

~HopSing.

Along the same lines, I'll be traveling this weekend with a 2 1/2 gallon keg in a regular cooler filled with ice. Would it hurt anything if I have a sodastream co2 in the cooler with the ice and keg?

Back