co2 issues help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thejiro

Reaction score
So I had a co2 leak from a bad gasket on one of my cornies I fixed it. Now I'm having trouble recarbbing my kegs. I've had the pressure set at 30 psi for 2 days now and my beer is showing minimal signs of carbonation. Any one have any suggestions about what I can do??

TIA
Ken

Try 10 foot long lines... From what I've read, you want more in the range of 1'/1psi for the beer lines. I'm running with 10' lines right now (picnic taps have 5' lines) and am happier with the pours, and carbonation level, of my brew. Of course, I'm also going through proper faucets now. :rockin:

I'm even planning on using 10' lines in my portable kegorator that I'm building.

I have a dual body regulator now, feeding 10psi to my mocha porter, and 13psi to the other brews (an English IPA, dark cream ale and caramel cream ale). Carbonation is really good on all the kegs (don't have the caramel cream ale on tap yet, but will soon).

Also, if you use a dishwasher, I wouldn't run my beer glasses through it. Better to wash by hand and rinse REALLY well. I've gone so far as to have a section of bar mat over a towel to let the glasses drip dry fully vertical (so they won't spot at all). Doing rather well with these methods over here.

I am running picnic taps on my kegs right now. I had the kegs at what I thought was serving pressure but my old regulator until I realized the diafram screw was crossthreaded and the psi vague was reading off. So I went n got another regulator set it to 30psi for 2 days then dropped it to serving pressure last night because the was the second day at 30 psi will check in the Carb in a few days once it equalizes a bit

So I checked my kegs they are over carved what's the best way to reduce the Carb??

Shut the pressure off to the tank and bleed off any excess co2 that equalizes out of the beer??

TIA
Ken

Turn off the CO2 and pull the pressure relief valve once in a while. It's kind of a pain. In the future try to be patient when carbing, it just makes things easier.

No I was the first tine round I used set and forget. I went out of town and didn't realize the center gasket on one of my cornies started to leak when I filled a few bottles up for my family. I came back fixed the leak replenished my tank and returned the kegs to pressure. What I didn't realize was that my regulator also messed up and was reading about 8-10 psi high so I had my kegs at about 4 psi and couldn't figure out why my beer wasn't carbing. Eventually I fuvurd it out and git a new regulator so patience was at an end anyway. I'm just gunna have to purge these kegs out and wait till I fan drink this beer some more.

Eventually I fuvurd it out and git a new regulator so patience was at an end anyway. I'm just gunna have to purge these kegs out and wait till I fan drink this beer some more.

I definitely understand running out of patience. SWMBO can verify that patience is definitely not one of my strong suits.

But here's the silver lining.... Now your beer gets to age a bit more and should be all that much better for the extra time...

I just re-read my post and I may have sounded a bit snarky, I did not mean to to be. Every time I try to "rush" carb a keg I over do it and I end up having to mess with it to get it back down to where I want it to be. So now I just set and forget. I might shake it a bit to get things moving but that's about it.

Latest posts

Back