CO2 bottle in frig question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostHopper

Reaction score
I use an upright refrigerator for my kegs with the CO2 bottle inside.The frig is old and does not have a flat bottom. I would like to make room for a second keg and I was thinking about attaching a fire extinguisher mount to the inside of the frig to keep the CO2 bottle upright and out of the way. If I try this where is the best place to drill a hole in the inside of frig? Side wall? Probably use short sheet metal screws.

Or is this a dumb idea?

You pretty much have to know where the coils are in the walls. You could always just use an epoxy like JB Weld. If you're determined to drill though, why not take the cylinder out of the fridge and get even more space?
(With the small plus that a warmer CO2 tank will provide a tiny amount more gas than a cold one.)

Outside the fridge is a space problem also but since I have a Lifetime Achievement Pin from JB Weld I may try that. Thanks for that reminder!

Command strips also make a 20# version I might look into.

Back