Closed pressure transfer hoses....build question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfgrass

Reaction score
9206ECB6-786E-45FA-93E9-926D095BAD4A.png
I know this can be an easy diy project to avoid the $55 companies are charging. I have your basic corney keg and transferring from a Spike conical. Wondering what you guys are using for hoses and fittings? Is it just 5/16 tube and the 5/16 barb x 1/4” swivel on ends to a barbed quick disconnect? Half inch tubing would be quicker. I know the tc fitting is 1.5”tc x 1/4” flare. Thx

Last edited:
Nobody can answer you unless we know more about your system. What are you fermenting in? What kind of ports does it have?

View attachment 616341 I know this can be an easy diy project to avoid the $55 companies are charging. I have your basic corney keg and transferring from a Spike conical. Wondering what you guys are using for hoses and fittings? Is it just 5/16 tube and the 5/16 barb x 1/4” swivel on ends to a barbed quick disconnect? Half inch tubing would be quicker. I know the tc fitting is 1.5”tc x 1/4” flare. Thx

I would use the largest tubing diameter you can get away with, but I think to go to a ball lock QD the best you'll find it the 5/16 barb to a swivel. So yep you can definitely do that for much less than $55. Check out brewhardware.com too. He always has the odd fittings that I can never seem to find anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back