Clones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IreWay78

Reaction score
Hey all!! I'm fairly new to this thing, and just finished packaging my first brew!! This new endeavor is so fun! I'm currently living in Norway, but am from the states, and am pursuing home brewing here. I used to drink Shake Chocolate Porter in the states and am looking for a clone recipe with no luck. My first batch is a Chocolate Ale from Mangrove Jack's and so far smells amazing! Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks, and good luck all!!

I'll have to try them out!! Thanks for the reply! I hear that they're better using all grain instead of extract. Any truth to this?

You can brew a really good beer using extract, but in general you can get closer to what you want using all-grain method (plus its cheaper). If you haven't experimented with all-grain yet, the first few attempts can be less than desirable and you'll probably be happier with an extract version.

Back