Clear Beer Draft System - A very small question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whovous

Waterloo Sunset
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just took delivery on my second CBDS and realized that my first system lost the little silicone end cap that the second one has. This probably does not matter a whole lot, but it does mean that the optional filter doesn't do its' job anymore thanks to the uncovered tube end.

It looks like a 1/4 inch screw protector would fit the job perfectly, but screw protectors seem to all be rubber or perhaps vinyl instead of silicone. Would this be a bad thing to have floating around in my beer? If yes, what else should I look for if I want to keep the end covered?

That will be fine. The manufacturer sells replacement end caps, but why bother if you have something else that fits? Merry Christmas!

I just took delivery on my second CBDS and realized that my first system lost the little silicone end cap that the second one has. This probably does not matter a whole lot, but it does mean that the optional filter doesn't do its' job anymore thanks to the uncovered tube end.

It looks like a 1/4 inch screw protector would fit the job perfectly, but screw protectors seem to all be rubber or perhaps vinyl instead of silicone. Would this be a bad thing to have floating around in my beer? If yes, what else should I look for if I want to keep the end covered?

PM me your address and I'll mail you out one for free.

Back