Cleaning Kegerator lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtown25

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to clean my kegerator lines, by simply pumping no rinse cleansing solution (Easy Clean) through the lines till the blow and the follow the same with Star San???

When im sanitizing a keg i'll pump sanitizer through. A short blast of co2 will pump a bunch though. I use Idophor, but starsan would probably work the same. It seems to have worked for me so far, but I'm pretty regular on sanitizing my kegs.

When im sanitizing a keg i'll pump sanitizer through. A short blast of co2 will pump a bunch though. I use Idophor, but starsan would probably work the same. It seems to have worked for me so far, but I'm pretty regular on sanitizing my kegs.
Excellent- this is exactly what I was intending doing.

I usually wash my kegs with oxyclean, then pump about a gallon through the hose, rinse with water with about a gallon through the hose, then sanitize with StarSan with about a gallon through the hose.

Just curious why are you choosing not to use something like Beer Line Cleaner, which is designed for this purpose?

I don't have the bottle handy but IIRC one is supposed to recirculate or continuously pump through BLC for 15 minutes. One shot for a couple of minutes, regardless of how it is pushed through the lines (either pump or CO2) wouldn't seem to be enough.

Latest posts

Back