Cleaning Commercial Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschnyderite

Reaction score
I saw a sprayer someone made here to clean their lines, but to make one for commercial kegs, I'd need different adaptors..

Since this is my first keezer, I've never done this before. I read some people soak their lines (I assume this means they take them apart, not just pressurize cleaning liquid inside them).

What is the best method for me since I don't have spare kegs I can run cleaning agents through my lines with. Can I just oxiclean and flush with hot water?

I'm assuming that your beer line is directly attached to the keg coupler by a barbed fitting and a large nut. Get yourself a threaded tailpiece in like this kit

Sankey conversion kit

Cut the beer line off from the connector and replace it with the swivel nut. This will allow you to connect the line to a cornie disconnect (threaded kind). Replace the old connecting hardware that you cut off with the new tailpiece and attach that to the sanke tap. Now the sanke tap and the quick disconnect can connect to the same fitting on the beer line.

Now you can make your own sprayer cleaner. At least that will clean the lines. I'm not sure the best approach to cleaning the tap head

Back