Clawhammer, High Gravity, Grainfather..... HELP!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshiwa300brewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im in the process of trying to sell my 3 vessel HERMS system and go with an electric BIAB setup. I have compared the 3 but am having trouble deciding which to pull the trigger on. Anyone have experience and be able to recommend?

I looked at many options and ended up with the High Gravity 10 gallon kit (SS Brewtech kettle) mostly because Dave's been selling these longer than the others AFAIK and he's got excellent customer service and there's so many kits of his out there. But, everyone has their own needs and style so you need to find what works best for you, ask them the questions and take it from there.
They all have their pros and cons so read the reviews as well.
Just one man's opinion.

I think dollar for dollar, HG is one of the best Turnkey BIAB systems.

whatever you do, go 240v
I have no experience, but am in the same boat as you and from reading on here, many seem very let down by 110v options.
I ended up ordering the SS Brewtech 10 gallon ebiab kit. (they don't have a full system yet)

I just picked up the Clawhammer 240 on cyber Monday and got 10% off. I just got it in and put together last weekend and had my dad run a plug for me. I’ll be brewing 2 batches on it this coming weekend.

On the subject of discounts, I got an extra $75 off by using a coupon code I can't remember now from Basic Brewing Radio podcasts. If you end up going that route.
I agree, go the 240v route. I needed to pay to have the electrical stuff done but the time I'll save will be worth it.

I would love to see pictures and hear about your experiance!

IMG_5504.JPG

Latest posts

Back