Classic Liquor Kits- quality taste/ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clone63

Reaction score
I've been considering trying an amaretto kit, or irish cream kit. I can't browse the items myself since no one stocks them, so wanted to know what the general taste consensus is.

Also, I'd suspect a lot of ingredients I don't want to know about exist in commercial liqueurs but don't want too much crud in there.. does anyone know roughly what is in them?

Mine came with two different packets of yeast energisers, powdered carbon, finnings to help clear the carbon, sorbate and two packets of glucose. Also two packets of wine yeast. I believe this is the same for all the kits except some come with caramel. Finally you add a bottle of flavoring.

I can't say for the taste as mine is still in the carbon stage. My kit is the coconut rum

Oh cool. Thanks for the info. It almost seems like you could forgo the kit if you could get the flavourings. Though I can't get the turbo yeast either.
I'm guessing they weren't courteous enough to include ingredients on those flavourings.

Really curious how the rum tastes! Going to bottle in beer bottles or??

I saved up some old liquor bottles to use. I'm having a problem clarifying it though. The finnings pulled some of the carbon out but not nearly enough. I'm going to try to get something better from my local brew shop.

Although they sell the turbo yeast like you mentioned, the kit came with 2 packets of regular wine yeast. My guess is it is just cheaper for them to do that.

They do sell the flavoring separately, but it is in sizes for just 1 bottle each. Did not say if it was for 750ml or 1.75 L bottles. The kit I have does not have ingredients on the flavoring bottle.

Latest posts

Back