Classic Beer Style Series: Lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmiser

BrewMiser
Reaction score
I just got an email back from Brewers Publications saying that they are working on bring back the Lambic book as an eBook and maybe potentially reprint it. I've been wanting to read this but haven't been willing to pay the $255.00 from amazon. Thought I'd share this for any Lambic brewers that are searching for this book too.

Wow, $255. That's got to be a mistake.

I have the book. I paid $3.98 for it. It is an interesting read, but you have to question how much the author really knows about Lambic when the recipe for Gueuze-Lambic calls for a 3 week fermentation, 1 week conditioning and then bottle. I think all the recipes have the beer in the bottle in less than 2 months.

it is an interesting read, but you have to question how much the author really knows about lambic when the recipe for gueuze-lambic calls for a 3 week fermentation, 1 week conditioning and then bottle. I think all the recipes have the beer in the bottle in less than 2 months.

lol.

I paid $3.98 for it. It is an interesting read, but you have to question how much the author really knows about Lambic when the recipe for Gueuze-Lambic calls for a 3 week fermentation, 1 week conditioning and then bottle. I think all the recipes have the beer in the bottle in less than 2 months.

$3.98? I'd gladly buy it off of you if your done readingt it.

Brewmiser said:
$3.98? I'd gladly buy it off of you if your done readingt it.

I'm sure he'll sell it to you at a reasonable price - say, $225? :)

I'm sure he'll sell it to you at a reasonable price - say, $225? :)

Hey, if he didn't like it, it's worth a shot. besides i'm sure those prices come down once it's being printed again. it would be nice to get this on the kindle though.

I just checked the Amazon site, and it says it will buy my copy from me for $58.25.

i found a mint copy lying in the casual reading/board games area of the rogue pub in SF about six months back. I amazed myself by not pocketing it and immediately walking out of that joint. came back a week later to look something up - seemed as though someone else didn't have the same willpower. i would definitely buy it for $15 if it was republished though.

I'd love to get a copy of it, just to help finish my collection. With information like that though, it might not even be worth $15!

Back