Clarifying issue (HELP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstraight

Reaction score
I need some answers. Brewed my first wheat beer, used 55% Briess 2 Row and 45% home grown/malted wheat , 60 min mash, 60 min boil, OG fine, WB-06 yeast. 4 days Primary now in secondary for 2 weeks.
Here's the issue. 5 times now the carboy has cleared from the top down, when clear line reaches bottom the whole carboy clouds up and the process starts over. Bubbling has all but stopped for the past week plus. I have never experienced this behavior before (50 plus brews), have you? Anybody have a idea about what's going on? :confused:
John

I can only think that if it begins clearing and clouds up again then changes in pressure are causing off gassing which is stirring things up again or someone is messing with you and moving it about when you're not around:D

That being said, what are you waiting for? It a wheat, it's supposed to be cloudy and they are best fresh- if its at FG package it and enjoy!

I can only think that if it begins clearing and clouds up again then changes in pressure are causing off gassing which is stirring things up again or someone is messing with you and moving it about when you're not around:D

That being said, what are you waiting for? It a wheat, it's supposed to be cloudy and they are best fresh- if its at FG package it and enjoy!

Wheat beer is suppose to be somewhat cloudy. Do you have a picture?

Working on Pics now, will post after more clearing(settling)

I do live a mile away from the largest Spiritualist center in the world, maybe spirits are messing with me but no live humans in my basement. One way or another it is going in the bottle tomorrow.

Back