Circuitry Help for Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarnoBrewer

Reaction score
My mill is up and running, using a big Harbor Freight drill. The only problem now is I have a pretty janky setup for the switch. I disassembled all the "extra" bits, and I'd like to do away with the trigger switch and the forward/reverse feature. Here's a really crappy pic of a crappy drawing of the wiring schematic:
Picture0008.jpg

Any idea how to hard wire this to the on position? My only attempt nearly burned things up...

From the diagram shown,
power on connection #3 (black wire)
Jumper wire from connection #4 to #6
Neutral wire to connection#5 (white wire)
lift all the other wires from switch/es and remove or safe off with wire nut and tape.
This should work with diagram shown as a series connected universal motor, to reverse direction swap #5 and #6 connections.

Thanks! I knew it was an easy fix for someone that's not electrically-challenged. Funny thing is that if it had pistons or gears, I'd be fine. Wires make my brain hurt. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back