Cigars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled upon this and had to get my two cents in. Great starter line is Perdomo Habano Connecticut. It's still one of my go to cigars. One of my favorites wasn't incredibly expensive, but a little higher than an every day cigar. It was a rocky patel decade; very smooth and creamy. Not a blem and very consistent.

Oliva makes some nice cigars too. They also make a line called Nubs which although stocky, aren't so quick like a short story (which is also good). The nubs are pretty neat and I've come to like them.

To be honest, my first was a CAO honey which people will knock, but was a great intro cigar.

I'm going to find a way to smoke this weekend. Sounds nice and the weather should be warm and breezy. Perfect.

I'll second the Rockey Patel Decade. That is a nice cigar with really good body. Agreed it is a little more expensive than what I would want for a frequent smoker, but sine I only burn one like every other weekend, I have a few on hand.

I forgot about this thread. Im going golfing tomorrow and all I have are some relatively expensive cigars (most 7$ and up) and just want something cheap to take with me tomorrow. Any suggestions. Preferably 1-2 per cigar. Something relatively mild too for the people im going with.

I really don't have a problem with that. I knew it would either be that or factory 2nds. They are just for screwing around on the golf course and passing around. I don't want to have to think twice if one of my friends light it but doesn't want it or if I drop one or something.

On the contrary, many higher-end cigars can be had cheaper than retail but you'll have to sell your soul to the devil-site!
I just loaded my humi with these yesterday and I have more coming at the end of the week.
1 - 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II Toro
1 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto
1 - Bahia Blu Robusto
1 - Cuba Libre Magnum
1 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto
1 - Graycliff 1666 Presidente
1 - Graycliff 1666 Robusto
1 - Gurkha Beast
1 - Gurkha Legend Robusto #4
1 - Gurkha Signature 101 Maduro Robusto #4
1 - Gurkha Titan II
1 - Gurkha Triple Ligero Toro
1 - La Herencia Cubana Toro
1 - Padilla Obsidian Belicoso
1 - Rocky Patel Decade Toro
3 Boxes Famous Buenos Maduritos
5 - Gurkha Special-Edition Centurian Perfecto
5 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Belicoso Maduro
5 - Rocky Patel Double Maduro Churchill
5 - Slow-Aged by Perdomo Churchill
5 - Slow-Aged by Perdomo Robusto

I forgot about this thread. Im going golfing tomorrow and all I have are some relatively expensive cigars (most 7$ and up) and just want something cheap to take with me tomorrow. Any suggestions. Preferably 1-2 per cigar. Something relatively mild too for the people im going with.

I picked up a bundle of the Perdomo Fresco a couple of weeks ago. Not bad cigars for the price, and mild enough for the upcoming hot weather :mug: Might be a touch above 1-2 (maybe 3 bucks) but still a pretty decent throw away stick.

FWIW...I always seem to have people giving me Macanudos or getting them as samples. I save those for giving to casual cigar smokers on the golf course or shooting sporting clays.

I just stick with fuente fuente opusX and diamond crown. Still need to try a padron to see what all the hype is about.

I just stick with fuente fuente opusX and diamond crown. Still need to try a padron to see what all the hype is about.

PAM 1926 ftw!

I'd put a nice 1926 right in the category of most Opus X's (I think that some of the quality on them has come down some). I do like the DCM's though. Have a good stash of those.

The PAM 1926's #35 were my wedding cigars.

Back