Cigar Smoking, Beer Drinking guy from Webster Groves, MO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wubears71

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to give home brewing a try for some time, but my wife thinks that I have too many hobbies. Well, her parents bought me a Mr. Brew kit for Christmas, which gives me the kitchen pass to start home brewing.

My Cigar Smoking friend suggested I going this forum as he's used a ton of information on this forum.

I've lived in and around St. Louis, MO nearly my whole life with a few years in Kansas City, MO, Lincoln, NE and Los Angeles, CA. I work for the family business, which can both be a blessing and a headache and my hobbies include Running, working out, golf, wood working and cigar smoking. Now I'm adding brewing to that list.

There really isn't any type of beer that I hate except Guinness. For whatever reason, I just cannot get into it. My favorites are oaken, bourbon micro brews, IPAs and Stouts, but I'm not picky.

If you are wondering about my user name, I played football at Washington University and my number was 71. The mascot was the Bears, hence wubears71.

I look forward to sponging up all the great info on here.

Not sure where Webster Groves is, but Welcome from Bowling Green, just south of Hannibal and just north of Jeff City and St. Louis!!

Thanks. Webster Groves is a suburb just out the St. Louis City Lines. I know Bowling Green Well as I use to pass through there on my way to Vandalia to service a power plant up that way.

I know the plant you are talking about probably, my other half works at the prison in Vandalia. You ever come up this way anymore? I'll be selling my brew (Drunken Emu) this spring. Would love to toss some freebies your way.

Welcome from a newbie myself! I am in the St. Louis Hills. Just got my 5 gallon brewers best kit and made my first batch yesterday. We will have to start a beer exchange in the st. louis area!

Welcome gentlemen. There are a few STL guys on here... This is a great place to soak up information and there are posts on just about any question/issue you have.

Cheers!

Welcome as well, I am new to this forum and to home beer making, just about to brew my first batch. I live in Ballwin. Go to the Web once in awhile and my wife works at WashU!

Catch you around town sometime.

Back